Sunday, February 6, 2022

How I lost 13-15 lbs in 4 months without any sort of special diet (might be unfeasible for many)

In Oct 2021 I was hovering btwn 170-175. As of now, I'm hovering between 157-160 lbs. My goal is 150-152 or so by summer but I'm currently more interested in becoming stronger. So I'm not very big on tracking stuff so I could never keep a calorie tracker or stuff like that. I also have very little self control so it would be impossible for me to follow some sort of low-carb or keto diet.

What I did do is look up my TDEE and saw my basal rate is about 1900 so my goal was to be under that for the day. I looked up how many calories my favorite things were and tried to keep that in mind if I ever wanted to buy them. I also saw food in general number of calories. For example, a bubble tea was around 500 calories. Did I bother looking up exact numbers with size, sugar content, and toppings? No, because I can't be bothered to do that. I controlled my food portions by packing slightly less each week in my lunch box so during lunch when I was famished, I could only eat what I had which curbed my calorie intake. Then, when I'd go home at 7-8, I'd again control my intake with a smaller plate which helped me feel full and satisfied while still being under my TDEE.

I also never went for "diet" versions of food. Again with bubble tea, I can probably get a 0% sugar version and it'd be significantly less calories. I would also be completely miserable drinking it. So if I was ever really craving one and didn't feel like making a homemade one (which was 1/2 the calories), I'd just buy the version I wanted and happily drink the 600 calorie drink. This allowed me to feel very satisfied after my guilty pleasure and kept me going for days/weeks without going out to buy my favorite things. Since my diet started, my spending has dropped significantly (during 01/2022, my only purchases were essentials and I only went out once!)

What I think makes my diet unfeasible for many is I have a very high stress/busy job. As a dental assistant, I see patients from around 8 am-2 pm with a 30 min-60 min lunch break, then 3-6 pm. During these hours, I'm always working and there's always adrenaline pumping through my body. I'm never tired or hungry and I believe my job heavily contributes to my weight loss. I've noticed on my days off and I'm studying at home, I definitely munch more on snacks which is why I allow myself to have more calories during the 2/3 days I have off. For those who have sedentary jobs at home, I don't think you can obtain my weight loss as fast but I think my tips for smaller portions/not restricting your diet/having the full version of your favorite food are very helpful.

Please feel free to ask if you have questions!

submitted by /u/thelastsubject123
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/UsvgPKb

No comments:

Post a Comment