Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Lost ~4 lbs in 6 weeks. Why am i not seing more progress?

Hi everyone! 23 y/o Female 5,4 (163 cm) here. I recently started my weight loss journey in the beginning of January. I started at 81.3 kg, eating around 1500 calories a day and lifting weights (moderately heavy, adding more weight as I go) and doing 30 minutes of LISS Monday-Friday. It’s been 6 weeks since I started and I have only lost 1.8 kg, I’m currently weighing in at 79.6 kg.

I’m happy with any progress but I honestly was expecting to have lost more? I measure myself once a month and have only lost 1-2 cm over all measurements. Could lifting weights have anything to do with it/ could I be retaining water/ building muscle (unlikely)?

I track my calories religiously down to oil I use to cook my chicken, weigh and measure all my food, am eating 100-120 grams of protein a day and drinking 3 liters of water a day on average. I don’t track my calories during the weekends but I don’t stuff my face and drink once or twice a month, and even then my calorie deficit is big enough during the week that my cheat meals shouldn’t be affecting the process as much. I track my activity levels on an Apple Watch.

I calculated my TDEE and maintenance calories are 2,425 a day. Eating 1500-1600 a day is well below my cutting calories of 1,925, so why am I not losing more? I thought it could be that my calories are inaccurate but I have been tracking everything to an almost obsessive point.

Any advice/ insight is very appreciated!

submitted by /u/Ready_Arrival3990
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/07VDmuI

No comments:

Post a Comment