Thursday, November 3, 2022

How much does exercise increase your weight loss?

A month ago I was stuck in a plateau of sorts so I started to really focus on my calorie counting. I started making sure to weigh every single thing to the g and put in extra research to make sure all my MFP entries were accurate. It did help and I started losing weight again.

Over the past month I have only been losing 1 lb/wk. I aim to eat 1,200 calories/day. I am 5'4 and weigh 185 lbs. When I calculate my TDEE, at 1,200 calories/day I should lose 1 lb/wk if I'm sedentary.

But I'm NOT sedentary. I go to the gym 5-6 days a week. 3x a week I Iift weights with a trainer for an hour and 2-3x a week I walk at least 2 miles on the treadmill, at least 1 mile at an incline of 8-9. I have been lifting for over a year. I recently (past 2 months) switched from walking outside to walking on the treadmill. I actually find the treadmill more difficult because I can increase the incline.

I never assumed I was burning thousands of calories when I worked out but I knew I was burning some. My weight loss is making it seem like I hardly burn anything. With my activity level I thought I would be losing closer to 2 lbs/wk instead of 1. My 'lightly active' TDEE according to calculators is ~2,100 which would put me at a 900 calorie deficit through diet alone.

submitted by /u/Gingerhaze12
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/p6R70nf

No comments:

Post a Comment