Sunday, April 10, 2022

Deciding against weight loss surgery

I am scheduled for sleeve gastrectomy surgery in June. I feel like I have done my due diligence and researched the pros and cons of the surgery, and I still continue to have concerns. Besides my weight, I am a generally "healthy" person. I do have PCOS. I think my biggest hold up is the fact that I could be causing myself permanent medical complications by moving forward with the surgery, such as GERD. Weight loss surgery is a tool, and I very much want the benefits of this tool. Some of the horror stories I've read though of people needing revision from the sleeve to gastric bypass (which I don't want at all) make me feel like I need to do everything in my power to try to lose my weight without surgical intervention. Have you considered or been scheduled for WLS and decided against moving forward?

submitted by /u/Kaz2627
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/D2kTQwN

No comments:

Post a Comment