Wednesday, June 8, 2022

I previously lost 35 lbs. I've regained it (and more) but in totally different places. Is this normal?

I lost 35 lbs a few years ago through CICO. I maintained my weight loss for a few years by weighing myself every once in a while and cutting back if I had gained more than 5-10 lbs. One year ago, I stopped weighing myself and tried to go on 'knowing my body'.

Last week, I weighed myself for the first time thinking I'd maybe gained 15-20 lbs... and found out I've gained an astounding 50 lbs.

I'm shocked because my 'regained' weight is in different places. I still have my skinny face, my visible collarbones, my visible ribs. In my head, it just made no sense that I can be 50 lbs heavier!

Is it common to regain weight but in COMPLETELY different places?

I'm not too sad or anything though - I'm losing weight again (I've lost 6 pounds so far) and am actually enjoying the challenge. I've taken it as a lesson that, for me personally, weighing myself is an important tool for maintaining weight loss because I clearly don't 'know my body' at all, haha!

submitted by /u/TheCatSlut
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/AdfwRvD

No comments:

Post a Comment