Thursday, June 2, 2022

*UPDATE* Down to 211lbs :)

I'm 6 ft tall 34 years old and had gotten up all the way to 239 lbs. I was embarrassed in how I looked. Was having issues in my personal and family life that didn't help thing either. One day I just got on my scale and said, Why?

Btw, I got sober in March of 2021. Been over 13 months sober. I initially lost a bit of weight from cutting out alcohol and soda. But then gained it back and then some by over indulging in food. I LOVE to eat and try new restaurants and cuisine's.

When i finally decided to change my diet, it's for weight loss and health reasons. My blood pressure was always on the higher side, almost hypertension. I did not take care of my body when I was a drinker. Let's just say that.

Currently I'm eating oatmeal every morning with some fruit and a black coffee. I'll have a protein and salad or quinoa for lunch and another protein and greens for dinner. A LOT of beans and other legumes. Fruit and nuts for snacking during the day. A lot of water during the day. I just started adding some whole milk cheese to my diet. (Small amounts).

I've been doing very light exercise. My stamina was shit from years of inactivity. I can notice some muscle definition starting to show. I still have a way to go. I'm at 217.8 as of today & I'm comfortable being at about 205...but honestly I haven't been there in over a decade.

I realize this is only 6 weeks, but it's getting easier as a routine. The first 3 days were agony. I've never felt that. I got light headed from the shock of cutting out sugar and processed stuff that my body was craving. Like a F'n drug addict!!

Anyway, just my progress so far. Hope this might help someone in a small way. The trick for me, is how to incorporate exercise into my routine, in order to be a little less strict on my diet and make this a sustainable weight loss/fitness plan for the long term.

Thanks for reading!

submitted by /u/kickersubs
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/FO9QH3N

No comments:

Post a Comment