Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Best Friend Posted a Meme "I Don't Want to Hear About Your Diet" Now I just feel crappy :/

For some context, me and my best friend are both 300 + lb young women. Getting McDonalds or fast food has been a common part of our hangouts . I have definitely talked about my diet with her because it comes up when I'm no longer getting my usual Baja Blast or something. I have also been honest that I would be happier at a lower weight, due to a myriad of health issues and also because my body carries weight in a way that is unattractive (I have no ass but a giant gut). My friend has told me she accepts her body and has no desire to lose weight, and also she thinks weight loss would be too hard because she likes food too much. I'm not really here to judge that, altho I'd say I love food too LOL.

I have also posted on social media, mostly sharing salads and foods, and looking for friends on MyFitnessPal. I've also posted a few funny moments, like when MFP congratulated me for eating Gummy Bears for breakfast (this food is high in protein) XD. Another best friend of mine has started CICO and added me there too, so that's been cool!

Enter mutual friend. She posts this meme of an obese woman (I'd say 47ish BMI, like morbidly obese) that says "I don't care about your diet" and then her caption was "Never talk about Diets with me, thx." The friend that posted this does not have a weight issue like I do. She is not nearly 180lbs overweight like I am. She can walk up a flight of stairs, or down, and not worry about her knees sliding out of place. She can fit in an airline seat. She can leave a room and not be referred to as the "fat lady." And my best friend had liked the photo. :/

I've just felt like crap ever since I saw it. I know it's dumb, and small, but it's super frustrating to deal with. Anyone else have to deal with something similar?

submitted by /u/MacDhubstep
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/FSUxn6N

No comments:

Post a Comment