Sunday, August 6, 2023

My First "Throw in the Towel" Day

I've been losing weight for over a year now. During that time, my weight loss has fluctuated with life events, but I've held my desire to lose constant. Today, I felt like giving it all up. Yesterday a flare up of a major health issue started, and so I was starting my day sub-optimally.

I woke up with a headache, and a craving for sweet brunch food. I finally ended up popping over to my parents' for french toast, which was totally delicious and way more than I needed for breakfast. Except that wasn't all. It did not hit my craving for something sweet. I don't know why, it just wasn't "good" enough.

Fortunately, my stomach saved me. I was prepared to go out and find something more, something that would hit the spot, but my stomach literally was too full. I ended up going home and taking a nap. Several hours ago, I wanted to give up completely and eat whatever the hell I wanted for the rest of time; who cares about weight anyway?

Now, I'm safely home, with a stomach ache from earlier and still with a headache from the flare up, but thinking more rationally. Even if I don't lose more weight, I'm in a lot better shape than I was 16 months ago. Why give that all up for unsatisfyingly sweet meals that leave me wanting more? Especially when my flare-ups are less frequent now.

That's all folks. I thought I would never feel like giving up, that this time was different. This time is different, not because my willpower is ironclad, but because I was able to stick with it long enough that my stomach saved me when my willpower faltered.

submitted by /u/GotsToGoNow
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/SoYmVzi

No comments:

Post a Comment