Tuesday, May 2, 2023

How do you tell people what your weight loss "secret" is?

SW: 255lbs

CW: 208lbs

GW: 160lbs

5'8" F

I'm down *almost* 50lbs & halfway to my goal - woo! Even though I still have trouble seeing it in the mirror, it's noticeable to other people. Since I've obviously lost a decent amount in the last 8 months, I find that people are now asking me for my "secret." When I tell them that its honestly just calorie deficit and I exercise for 45ish minutes 5-6 days/week, they almost get upset with me? For example a coworker I don't see often asked me what my "recipe" was to lose weight. After I told her what I've been doing, she rolled her eyes at me and said "yeah...I'm definitely not doing that" and had a bit of an attitude about it. I know she wasn't being rude, but I ended up feeling like I needed to apologize to her (that's the people pleaser in me, I know).

I don't mind telling people what's worked for me but does anyone else get the same type of reaction? Is there a better way to tell someone "I basically just watch what I eat and move my body a little bit every day" without making them feel bad about themselves? I'm not sure why I keep getting these kind of responses when I'm only trying to be honest. I probably shouldn't even let this bother me.

When I discuss the small things that come with losing weight with friends/family who aren't working toward a weight loss goal, they can't relate & I feel a like I'm bragging a bit, so I guess I'm just looking to vent to people who might be dealing with the same. :)

submitted by /u/mangin22
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/EsSR46f

No comments:

Post a Comment