Friday, May 5, 2023

Tips for losing hormonal weight gain?

I’m 25F and I got an arm implant almost 9 months ago. Before then, my weight usually fluctuated around 62-65kg. I had lost almost 5kgs in late 2021 after 3 months of clean eating and exercising for health reasons, as I have an inflammatory immune disorder.

Since last year I’ve been on medication for both my immune disorder (which has now mostly cleared, thank goodness) and anxiety, which I also feel has contributed to my weight gain. I’m currently at 72kg, meaning I have gained at least 7kg in the past 9 months. As you can imagine, it is greatly stressing me out that most of my clothes just don’t fit my body anymore, and getting new ones all the time isn’t really financially viable at the moment.

I do exercise, mostly cardio from walking everyday, but I have started going to the gym in December and am trying to incorporate more reps of weight training everytime I go. I still do clean eating with the occasional cheat day, such as when I go out to eat with friends. Still, I feel like there is no visible change to my body aside from losing 1kg, and I’m at a loss on what to do next.

I am hoping to go back to 62kg by next year, which while technically still overweight according to BMI is what I consider my healthy weight. In regards to my medications, I am unable to just stop taking them, and I have important health reasons for not removing my implant yet either.

Can anyone share their experiences or give suggestions on how I can improve?

TLDR: I had 7kg of hormonal weight gain in the past 9 months, what can I do to accelerate my weight loss?

submitted by /u/DependentGold8806
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Qjc91bg

No comments:

Post a Comment