Tuesday, August 8, 2023

progress and thoughts after two months of the journey.

https://imgur.com/a/eyFZCVZ

having been a lurker for months now i figured it's finally time to introduce myself. hi, im jess and y'all have already helped me more than you know.

my weight loss journey started this june. no scales, no expectations, just the realisation that i couldn't keep self destructing the way i was. i've always been overweight, struggling with obesity since i was a teenager - it was normal in my household. i was raised by my grandmother who was the eldest of sixteen children and swore that unlike her childhood, mine would be a plentiful one.. the downside is it created some very unhealthy over reliance on food.

i went to visit the doctor in mid june for bloods and to weigh myself. blood test came back mostly okay but blood pressure is through the roof. the weight at that point was 376lbs, and that was with water weight lost by that point.

i revisited the doctor last week and was down to 364lbs! 12lb loss in 23 days. i'm blown away by the progress im making, and i dont feel deprived or under nourished in the slightest. i'm sticking to a calorie deficit and doing sporadic weeks of alternate day fasting. using goal clothes as a marker of progress for now - see above to see my snazzy new jeans. ignore the derpy faces, they're screenshots from videos.

excited to continue with this progress and so glad my mindset had such a massive overhaul. i have my own scale on the way to keep myself accountable at home. the best part is that my doctor is so impressed with my commitment to this that he's not prescribing blood pressure medication just yet - we're gonna check in after christmas and see if it's trending downwards to a healthy level.

nsvs so far - i could walk around the entire grocery store without leaning over the trolley or stopping to catch my breath: i helped my partner pack the shopping bags instead of going outside to sit on a bench. - i can help with household chores again. - i can prebuy clothes a size or two down when they're on sale because i KNOW i'll be fitting into them soon. - i can be cool and sit at the back seat in the cinema again because the stairs no longer wind me.

i'm so looking forward to what's to come and so proud of each and every one of you for even being present here. we've got this!! i know everyone says it but if i can do it anybody can. time to knuckle down and buckle up for the long road ahead now 💖

submitted by /u/fullbl00ms
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/kYcHfD7

No comments:

Post a Comment