Wednesday, July 5, 2023

It's not only about you!!!

I (19F) have lost 50 lbs from 5'3" 160 to 110lbs (I have relatively small bone structure) by doing nothing really different.

I struggled with my weight a lot during my junior and senior years of high school and I gained about 25 pounds per year in those two years. I've always had a delicate relationship with my dad and we both had to be really careful around each other, which was pretty exhausting. My mom also had a pretty horrible relationship with her body, to the point where whenever we met someone the first thing my mom would say to me would be "she looks fat/thin/athletic/anorexic etc." It came to the point where I couldn't have a conversation without someone's looks being brought up, which applied to me as well. In addition, there was this unspoken rule in my house about wasting food, and I always felt so much pressure to eat three meals a day, even if I wasn't hungry, or else I felt judged and ungrateful.

After going across the country for college and just being a regular college student, I naturally lost 10 lbs the first month. I was really motivated and started tracking my weight afterwards, without really changing anything because just walking around and biking to classes and window shopping with my friends seemed to be working. Over the course of 5 months, I lost 50 lbs, and I've maintained it since January! However, I came home for the summer and just being surrounded by my parents and all the stress of being home again has made me gain 5 pounds in about 1 month, but I'm confident it'll go away once summer's over.

Anyway, the point of this post is just to say that if you think you've tried really hard, maybe there's other stuff in your environment to think about instead of just calories and exercise. I now know that a lot of my weight was just my body's reaction to stress. I know most people don't have the opportunity to move across the country and basically just start a new life at college, but I'm sure changing little things (or big ones) in your environment also makes a huge difference!

This forum's been a comfort zone for me, and good luck to all of you guys on your weight loss journeys!

submitted by /u/crystallcritterr
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/LrEFpyB

No comments:

Post a Comment