Monday, July 3, 2023

New pescatarian - struggling to plan weight loss meals

About 6 months ago I (24F, 5'2", 155 lbs.) converted from a heavy meat-eater to a pescatarian for ethical reasons, and now I'm trying to get serious about my weight loss. All I find myself eating these days are meals consisting of a variety of little snacks - cucumbers and hummus, strawberries, black beans, occasionally a plant-based burger patty, etc.

I recently started seeing a personal trainer (MWF, HIIT and strength training) who told me to cut out dairy and all simple carbohydrates. Yogurt and cheese used to be a major part of my diet, and with also recently cutting out meat it's really difficult to find things to eat that I don't feel guilty about.

A little health background: I have been diagnosed with PCOS, insulin resistance, and hypothyroidism and take medication to manage all of it. I once was prescribed Lomaira (an appetite suppressant), but it gave me severe nausea. My doctors really want me to lose weight to lower my risk for diabetes.

I have always been overweight and although I would like to lose ~20 lbs., I feel like I will give up soon with the direction I'm going in. I haven't enjoyed a meal in weeks and the cravings are getting very intense. I also can't find a single place I can eat out at that follows my plan. Can anyone please help me?

TLDR; what do pescatarians on low carb, no dairy diets eat for weight loss?

submitted by /u/MinimallyMean
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/hAXyYzc

No comments:

Post a Comment